If Like me you have loved the windows 7 Beta experience, you may have unfortunately bumped into an issue involving, permission issues especially around Outlook 2007 (funny enough the only program I have had problems with) both on 64-bit and 32-bit versions. Microsoft has a solution but not being very public with it.
Solution Using the SubInAcL tool from Microsoft to fix permission issues in the registry has solved installation errors for several products including Flash Player, and outlook 2007 .
The following solution involves the Windows System Registry.
Editing or manipulating the registry incorrectly can result in serious system damage which may require reinstallation of the operating system. If you are not comfortable editing the registry, then take your system to a professional or ask a 7 year old. I cannot be held responsible for damage resulting from this information.. yada yada
You must have administrator privileges to successfully complete these instructions.
1. Follow the instructions to download the SubInACL tool from the Microsoft Download Center.
2. Install SubInACL.
3. Download the reset_fp10.zip file.
4. Extract the reset_fp10.cmd file to C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\. Important: Be sure that both the subinacl.exe and reset_fp10.cmd files are in the same location here: C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\.
5. Double-click reset_fp10.cmd. 6. This will open a command window and execute the SubInACL tool. 7. Do not use the machine while SubInACL is running.
8. When it is finished you will see “Press any key to continue”.
9. Install the software . bada bing
Oh I had the same problem on multiple machines and every beta version (except 7068),
It is worse on 64-bit 7100 than any others, the outlook connector program helped, as well and installation of 3rd party email aps (like mail washer pro) helped in some cases.
Hope this gets sorted in RTM.
Thanks for the software tips, great info. Any chance you can give us a review of the RainMaker Craigslist ad posting software? Do you have any other tips on marketing software? Thanks again for the usefull guide…
I like what you guys are up too. Such smart work and reporting! Keep up the excellent works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my web site :).