23 December 2014
by Loren W
The UMI Zero- Might be the best 5″ phone of 2015
- Umi is not a name that immediately comes to the mind by most of us. The name UMI means ‘mother’ in Arabic, and ‘ocean’ in Japanese, this might be the mother of all phones for Umi’s Flagship.
- The New Umi Zero, a new phone thinner than an iPhone 6, with other impressive features;
- Camera- Fast 13mp IMX 214 Sony Camera rear and an impressive, 8MP front camera, dual LED flash, Dual sim,
- Charge! Texas Instruments Quick Charge (QVOC),
- Screen – Samsung 5″ FHD Super AMOLED showing off an impressive 3264 x 2448 4:3 ratio & Gorilla 3 glass screen front and back,
- Memory – 2GB Ram, 16GB ROM, (upgradeable via mem card),
- CPU / SoC – World’s first 8 core 2GHz Octacore, MTK6592 system on a chip (SoC) CPU, using a quad core 700MHz GPU, The CPU/SoC alone is about 20% faster than the popular snapdragon 800 series CPU.
The UMI mobile range of phones include the ZOPO and UMI range, with them being part of the Shenzhen Huiyeshidai Technology Co. Ltd, based in Shenzhenshekou, China near Hong Kong.